Nutrition is a HOT topic for all fitness enthusiasts, even those less than enthused are interested in learning how to "eat better." Over the years I've learned a couple of things about food, drink and how to put it all together. Here is what I've discovered:
- I feel better when I eat breakfast. Along with Coffee each morning.
- Oatmeal of any kind works very well to keep me full and energized (add some walnuts or almonds for an extra Protein punch.)
- A PB&J Sandwich on Whole Grain Bread is a great alternative.
- Water, Water, Water; Each meal & All day. You don't drink enough.
- If you are overweight, you don't! Sleepy, you don't! No matter what, you don't!
- Stop drinking juice, it's 200 calories and you haven't eaten anything.
- Lunch should have Protein in it, Eggs, Meat, Fish, Beans...all good, add some fruit or veggies and there you go.
- Dinner should also have Protein and vegetables and possibly some Whole Grain Pasta or Brown Rice. I don't care how late or what time it is. Dinner is when my fork hits the plate.
- Snacks aren't needed. You're not THAT hungry.
- Unless your THAT hungry! Then eat more fruit or nuts (any kind) and drink more water.
- Wine or Beer; I love them both, when I drink Wine I feel good and sleep great, when I drink beer I think I'm 20 years old again and I start staying up late. I don't know why?
- Limit your intake of both to no more than 1 per night (unless you work the night shift, then I suggest you drink in the morning.)
- I "occasionally" will have an extra glass on the weekends (most every weekend, Fri-Sat-Sun.) If I drink more water before bed, I feel great the next day.
- During my life (this one) these tips have served me well, I wish you the same good fortune.