Friday, December 18, 2009

Sweat The Holidays

It seems everywhere you turn - people are surrounded by negativity, stress, sadness, and reminders of what we don’t have or have lost. Things like relationships, family, animals and sometimes even ourselves. This week I was bombarded by phone calls from clients saying “I just can’t think about getting into the gym, I have so much to do and no time to do it." Some explained that this time of year makes them "stressed and that they might as well let 'working out' go till after January 1st." My reply to them is "NO YOUR NOT!" I explained that "once you are here and I get my hands on you and we start moving you'll know that this is the best thing you can do did for yourself." So they did! They came in and forgot what they were stressing about (fight/work/etc.)

That's why it is so important to incorporate movement into your life. Life is about movement and movement brings life. By keeping to your exercise/workout schedule you are doing your body good. What feels better than that? I know that when I'm feeling crummy I go for a run, do some Pilates, or strength train. That little time I allow myself enables me to think clearer and feel better.
Remember, often the stress we feel is the stress we bring upon ourselves.

-Francesca Pucher

No comments:

Post a Comment