Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Comeback Profile


Aside from my increasing cupcake consumption, I am feeling good about my training comeback.
Been building my running base nicely and even ran a TEST on the Treadmill to measure my HR at various speeds (results: not to be revealed).

Working backwards I'm eyeing a Marathon in January, a 1/2 Marathon in October and a couple of 5k's this summer.

I'll probably add some other events to the menu as "competition is always the best workout!"

On the strength training side of the moon, I've become a big fan of the TRX. Probably due to the efficiency of my workouts on it. After a 5, 7, or 10 mile run I just don't want to be spending another 60 minutes 'lifting weights' and setting up benches and props.

My flexibility has always been pretty good but lately I've stopped stretching almost completely. Instead, I've been doing a lot more Foam Rolling. The 'Experts' say it's better than stretching for preventing injuries and increasing Range of Motion; I Agree!

I've got a little R&R (Running and Reading) planned for Naples next week. I think it'll be time for me to 'Toe a Starting Line' when I return. To my fellow 40yr old's and a few 'Young Punks' -
"Get Ready."

I've never finished a run and thought, "that was a waste of time."
-Frank Pucher

No comments:

Post a Comment