My friend Rachel and I spoke of the top 10 reasons for doing an IRONMAN. No doubt she will explore the Spiritual and Emotional side of this experience. I have chosen to play Yang to her Yin and will offer another side. Here are my top 10 reasons for doing an IRONMAN.
10) I love the smell of Chlorine on my body.
9) Perfect excuse to shave my legs.
8) The strange stares you get (after the race) sweaty and covered with numbers.
7) Because my running shoes may be tax deductible.
6) The look of my eyes when I take my goggles off after an hour swim. Chicks dig THAT look.
5) I can shamelessly order “Extra” rice when I go out for Chinese food.
4) Perfect hobby for filling the “gaps” of “free time” in my life.
3) Who doesn’t want to eat 7 POWERBARS in 1 day?
2) Keeps me fit for College Reunions; when people say “you haven’t changed a bit” I reply “I dropped a few pounds.”
1) Spite; I’ll be damned if they can do it - and I just watch!